10.23.2008

I Could Use Your Lips on Me and a Little Bit of Dramamine

Holly Munoz, participant in Issue 7's Music section, invited me to ride on a bus with her and all the bands from Draw Fire Records on their trip out to New York for CMJ, where eight bands will play Friday night, before everyone piles back in the bio-diesel bus and drives another 20 hours back to the Twin Cities.

I am writing from Illinois about to cross over to Indiana. We have a long trip ahead still. It's not what you might expect from a bus full of bands. A lot of people (yours truly) are on their computers and, at least to my knowledge, there has been no drug use or drinking. And, if there has been, it certainly hasn't been in excess. Everyone panicked briefly before realizing that the bus was in fact equipped with wireless. We have updates heading into a number of places online: Twitter, How was the show, Facebook, etc.

The first few hours were kind of rough for me. When we stopped in Madison I picked up a little Dramamine and I seem to be doing better now.

I'll try to keep the updates coming. But it might be night time soon.

No comments: