1.31.2008

Wholphin Mag

So it's maybe weird to advertise for another magazine on our magazine, but I'm going to go ahead and recommend that you check out Wholphin. It's a digital mag (there is stuff online or you can subscribe and get the whole magazine sent to your home on DVD) that showcases rare and unseen short films. It's run by McSweeney's and has a similar slant. Stuff you haven't seen from people that everyone has heard of and then some great stuff from people no one has heard of, and the mag is very good. There that's all I guess, I'm a fan, check out their site, I just bought an issue and I love it. One of my favs is a short film from a Minneapolis filmmaker (who is making some waves on the festival circuit this year), Coleman Miller. The film is called "Uso Justo," it's an "experimental" short (oh that word sends shivers throughout my torso, it's a dirty word, I apologize), he told his friends that he was going to make a foreign film and sometime later this is what came out.

Watch this:
Baby Squid, Born Like Stars:

No comments: